Thursday, August 30, 2012

Family Pictures

For our family reunion this year, I wanted to do something different. We always take pictures; I post them on Facebook, but does anyone print them out?

So when I was in the Scrapbooking Studio about a month ago, I bought a new Tim Holtz die. It is Tim Holtz Sizzix MATCHBOOK SET Dies Movers & Shapers. I saw the demo from the store, but wanted something more original. The demo just had small pieces of cardstock with some pictures on it. After talking to my son, Nick, we decided it was a matchbook, so why not add matches?

Well, this was a long, tedious job. Here are the steps to creating this:
  • Cut out matchbook die
  • Decorate matchbook with Tim Holtz Distress Inks and embellishments
  • Print out photos
  • Cut faces with small punch
  • Score matchsticks
  • Cut matchstrips (about 1/4" wide)
  • Adhere faces to matchstick with popdots (one face per matchstick)
  • Adhere matchsticks to die cut
I had to do this 13 times and there were 27 people to include on matchsticks. It took a lot of time but it was well worth it.


No comments:

Post a Comment